So, I've been tagged not once, but twice (that I'm aware of!) as being a blogger that is awesome. As part of this, I'm supposed to state 7 reasons why I'm awesome, and here's where it gets a wee bit tricky!
This is hard for me, but I'll give it a shot since the others have already spit out their own reasons!
1. Well, let's start with the obvious. I'm dealing with cancer for the 2nd time in my life. And, I am 100% confident that I'll get through it. It's scary, but so are other things in life, and I've done okay so far!
2. I was smart enough in life to wait for my prince. I didn't marry until I was 38 years old and looking back, I am glad I waited. I found my soul mate, I found the man who loves me for being me, and I found the man that truly makes every day a joy. He is MY Prince of Denmark.
3. I have the guts to go just about anywhere. I grew up in upstate New York, I went to college in Michigan, I lived in NJ and worked in Manhattan, and then I moved across the country to Washington state. And then, as you already know, I packed up my world and moved halfway around the world to live in Denmark.
4. I can do a triple pirouette. Admittedly, not nearly with the same level of skill I once possessed, but I can still do it! So there's something you probably didn't know about me - I have a B.A. in Dance.
5. I was once given the nickname "Brit", which was the short way to call me Encyclopedia Britannica, because I can remember things and my head is full of all sorts of random facts and trivia. It comes in quite handy in my work as I'm often the go-to person for 'do you remember when we made this change and why?'.
6. I amuse people. In most situations, unless it's highly inappropriate, I try to make people laugh. I don't take things too seriously and I have fun with life. I credit my father for this trait! If a joke is to be found within a situation, I'm going to do my best to find it!
7. I make an awesome chocolate cheesecake, an awesome chocolate cake, and very tasty chocolate chip cookies (sensing a theme here!). I don't really like cooking, and therefore, haven't really tried to excel at it, but I can bake. And the chocolate cheesecake is my masterpiece!
So there you have it. Now, the real challenge is to attempt to find 7 bloggers that haven't yet been tagged by someone that I find awesome! If you've already been tagged - it's just more pressure on you to come through!
A Swedish American in Sweden
Not Quite Danish
On a Quirky Quest
Our Feet are the Same
Forget Me Knot Nonsense
The Spotted Sparrow
Trust in wings
15 hours ago